In most cases, yes. While it’s not absolutely necessary to have your domain registered through us (you can simply set the DNS settings for your domain to our name servers via your existing registrar and have your domain resolve to your account on our servers) some customers prefer the convenience of having us administer their domain as well as host their website. If you choose this option, AInspect will renew your domain free of charge.
Domain transfers are strictly optional and performed upon request only. To initiate a domain transfer submit a request via email specifying the domain you wish to transfer.
Please be aware that all we can do is to initiate the transfer request and that there are numerous reasons for which a transfer attempt may fail and there is no way we can guarantee success.
Possible reasons we may be unable to successfully process a transfer include, but are not limited to:
- you are not listed as the Registrant, Administrative Contact or Technical Contact for the domain
- the domain has been registered for less than 60 days
- the Administrative Contact for the domain refused the transfer request
- the domain has been placed on Registrar-Lock or Registrar-Hold
- In order to maximize the chance of a successful transfer prior to requesting a domain transfer perform a whois lookup of your domain via your domain registrar’s website and verify that (a) you yourself are listed as the registrant and (b) that the contact information for the domain is valid. In particular make sure that the email address listed for you is a valid, as an active and valid email account is needed for the transfer to succeed. You will have to authorize it by responding to an email which will be sent to that address.
- Some domain registrars will not initiate or approve transfers for domains which are approaching their expiration date (some registrars cut off transfers 10 days prior to the domain’s expiration however policies vary) so if you decide to transfer your domain registration for the best results you should look to initiate the process at least two weeks before the domain is due to expire.