E-Commerce Solutions – Expand and Level the Online Playing Field
E-Commerce is the latest buzzword of the online business revolution, capturing the excitement and focus of this fast emerging market encompassing a concept for doing business online. Electronic commerce is the paperless exchange of business information using electronic data interchange (EDI), whether it is e-mail, electronic bulletin boards, fax transmissions or electronic funds transfer.
E-Commerce refers to Internet shopping, online stock and bond transactions, downloading and selling “soft merchandise” (software, documents, graphics, music, etc.), as well as business-to-business transactions. Therefore, to take advantage of this phenomenon, a website is a critical tool for promoting your brand.
The development of an E-Commerce Website is all about using the Internet to do business better, faster and cheaper. It gives customers controlled access to your computer systems and allows people to serve themselves from the comfort and convenience of their homes and offices. E-Commerce is about committing your company to a serious online effort and integrating your website and your entire catalog of merchandise into an online storefront. Active Web Group will show you how our E-Commerce solutions will help you to compete with businesses twice your size.
The role that the Internet plays in business can be easily compared to that of the telephone. It has become a way for people to communicate with each other and is also a way for consumers to communicate with a company’s computer systems without human intervention. The Internet is a reasonable alternative to other means of communication. Anywhere that your business communicates with its customers, you should think about how it can be achieved online. That is the power of E-Commerce, and the opportunities and situations effective E-Commerce solutions provide are limitless.
Components of an Internet Business
The radio and television era of business yielded new strategies and ways of doing business (mass-market advertising). The Internet has so radically changed the rules of business and corporate strategy that the rules that have been in effect for the last 50 years, since the dawn of television, have begun to crumble.
Some elements of commerce are necessary for any transactions to take place, which are as true for regular bricks-and-mortar commerce as they are for E-Commerce Website:
- In the world of E-Commerce the place from which you do business is your website. Most businesses already exist in the bricks-and-mortar world of commerce, developing a website is a means to enhance their business. For Internet startups, the website is the only place that they do business.
- E-Commerce and regular commerce still need ways to attract customers to their place of business. This is defined by their marketing strategy, which includes everything from advertising to word-of-mouth. This is where a small to mid-sized business can use their website to compete with businesses twice their size.
- On an E-Commerce Website orders have to be placed and items shipped. The orders are handled through interactive, online forms. Online customers must pay through electronic means, which take place through secure electronic connections as well as special merchant accounts for accepting payment.
- In the E-Commerce world, delivery of the product requires shipping and transportation similar to catalog and mail-order businesses. This can be outsourced to a facility that handles order processing and shipping in a timely and efficient manner.
As a company competing for business in today’s market your website becomes a primary source of information for customers. We began our search for a website design company and evaluated several sources. When it came time to make a decision Active Web Group was the best choice as they were responsive, knowledgeable, within budget, and easy to work with. From day one the lines of communication were open and all of our questions were answered promptly.
The project was launched on schedule with ongoing support before, during, and after the site was live. It was a relief to have a creative team to take our direction and enhance it with the skilled team of designers and programmers. We are excited for the opportunities the new site can provide by simplifying the customer process and making it easier to research our products. Active Web Group provides valuable resources and is committed to making your website a success not just for design but for functionality into the future.
Thwing-Albert Instrument Company
Why Choose Active Web Group for Your E-Commerce Solutions?
Active Web Group, located on Long Island, NY, has a proven track record of developing the most advanced, user-friendly E-Commerce solutions and shopping cart software for online businesses. Additionally, Active Web Group is a full service Internet Marketing company offering Custom Website Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Email Marketing and more.
Our E-Commerce team will work with you one-on-one to create a compelling website and shopping cart design, consistent with your company’s brand and image. Our keen understanding of E-Commerce web marketing tools will help you establish and maintain an ever-growing online customer base.
Our E-Commerce Website design solutions have enabled many small businesses and larger corporations achieve online success through Internet Marketing both nationally as well as locally on Long Island. The E-Commerce solutions team at Active Web Group will work with you to determine the best solution in presenting your company’s brand on the Internet helping to increase the online visibility of your E-Commerce website.
Active Web Group can help you realize the potential of your online marketing efforts with:
- Advanced E-Commerce Website design and development consistent with your brand and image.
- Sophisticated and reliable E-Commerce software.
- Clear, concise product descriptions and information with integrated Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- User-friendly shopping carts and checkout features.
Active Web Group, of Long Island, NY, will help your website stand out from amongst millions of others with such features as reliable web hosting, sophisticated Search Engine Optimization and more. A custom E-Commerce website design by Active Web Group will ensure that customers enjoy a rewarding user experience and search engines find your site among the many competitors. For more information on how this works, read our E-Commerce case studies.