Everyone seems to be complaining about the economy lately, at least that is what I hear around town. From my point of view, personally I believe that any business, if a little innovative and willing to put in the necessary effort, can successfully grow their revenue stream effectively as long as they are willing to pull the trigger.
“High-Impact, experience leaders are keenly aware that bad times are caused by what leaders do in good times. Good times are a direct result of actions taken during the bad times” I read this recently in an Internet forum and it’s very true.
To market your small business effectively, take a look at these small business marketing tips, and I assure you if you implement them correctly with the right resources, your business will reap the benefit.
- If you have a local retail business, use a QR code that brings up your Facebook like page, so that they can like you right from the register. This will allow you to be able to communicate with them and help to convert a large amount of your foot traffic into web traffic.
- If you don’t have a website, umm, I think you can figure out the rest of this one. You’d be surprised to know how many people I come across in one month that have million dollar businesses in revenue and have no website. Get a website and get it right, period.
- Social media, or Facebook can work well, however if you are limited on budget, I’d recommend other avenues. Facebook is something I recommend for sites with a lot of traffic and who have something people have an interest to follow. If your website manufactures something technical, Facebook might not be for you.
- Email marketing is phenomenal, but you have to have a good list. Make sure your website is designed to collect email addresses. If it’s a new business, still do it because you’ll convert a certain percentage of your visitors into email requests. In addition, you may want to consider offering a special promotion, a coupon code, or a free something if they sign up to your list. Very effective as they may not buy from you today, but eventually they probably might give you a shot.
- Any successful small business marketing tip should always 100% include ethical Search Engine Optimization. SEO works, it truly does. If you pick the correct keywords and send the traffic to the correct pages, you will convert into sales or leads.
- Link building is one of the creative ways that Google uses as a “voting” system. The votes are links to your sites from other sites. There are many ways to do this, but one of the ways is to offer value that people will link to.
- Content development is very important. Google just released another update after Panda, called Freshness. They have increased the weighting factor for websites that add content and fresh content to their site. Think of it as a blog in essence, make sure you work with an Internet Marketing agency that can help you effectively.
- Hire a great salesman will always generate good business. now, if you own a pizza shop, obviously, this won’t work here, but if you sell a service or a product with an opportunity for repeat business, give that a shot, it’ll do you wonders I promise you.
Use the above small business tips smartly and effectively and I think you’ll be pleased with the results.
For more small business marketing tips, call us at 1-800-978-3417 or Contact Active Web Group and let us help you!