Most business owners are aware that over the last decade something momentous happened in consumer behavior: mobile access. This major shift has changed the way that marketers seek to influence mobile consumer behaviors. Just in case you’ve forgotten, for the past five years, mobile users accessing the internet have eclipsed desktop users by an ever-widening margin.
Grabbing the attention of, and currying favor with mobile consumers has developed almost into an art form. Is your business aware of how to gain market share by correctly approaching this all-important audience?
Google has acknowledged the mobile access trend by observing these consumer behaviors closely. Google also notes that, once armed with their research, mobile users make their purchasing decisions quickly, hence the name, ‘Micro-Moments’. It has identified several actions mobile users respond to (i.e. turn to their mobile devices to fulfill an immediate need) and defines them as follows:
- I-want-to-know moments:
- 65% of online consumers look up information online over any other source
- 66% of TV viewers will use their smartphones to gather more information about something they have seen on TV.
- I-want-to-go moments:
- The number of online consumers using ‘near me’ searches for local businesses has doubled over the past two years.
- 82% of online users are looking for local business information on their smartphones.
- I-want-to-do moments:
- Over 90% of smartphone users will look up information online while performing a Task.
- Over 100,000,000 hours of “how to” content is viewed on YouTube every year.
- I-want-to-buy moments
- Over 80% of shoppers at brick and mortar retailers will consult their cellphones for product information or to perform competitive price comparisons prior to making a purchase.
- This shift in consumer habits has increased mobile conversions by over about 30% YoY.
To summarize, to gain their fair market share online business owners need to focus a percentage of their marketing budget to both attract mobile users’ attention and to provide them with incentives to make their purchases. Active Web Group, a leading digital agency, headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, has assisted our clients across a wide range of sizes and industries. We focus on reaching their best target audience and tailor individual campaigns and initiatives to assist them to achieve their online goals.
Our seasoned professionals utilize the latest Search Engine Optimization, Web Development, Pay-Per-Click, Email Marketing, and Social Media campaigns to enable our clients to reach, maintain, and exceed their online expectations. For a confidential discussion regarding your online business expectations, please contact me at your earliest convenience at (800) 978-3417.