A lot of terms are thrown around when a website is built. ROI, CTAs, and UX all come into play. SEO is one of the most important processes that can be performed on a website, but what exactly is it? And why is it relevant to your business? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of presenting a website’s content in a way that makes it easy for search engine spiders to read while remaining dense with topics your consumers are searching for. The process includes editing content, code, and sometimes the overall website design so that search engine spiders can easily find and catalog a site’s contents. These spiders are computer programs that search engines such as Google and Bing use to automatically crawl the numerous websites on the internet and store them in databases, which are then displayed as search results pages after you perform a search query on a search engine. In order to get your site crawled on a regular basis it’s important to keep your website relevant to your user base. To do this, typical tasks that are performed during an SEO campaign are:
- Technical Audit – This audit checks a website’s response times for loading content.
- Keyword Mapping – This is the process of assessing a core keyword list and assigning it to existing pages on a website. It also takes into account the URL structure for the site.
Performing these tasks will keep your website performance and usability in peak condition, allowing both users and spiders to access your site efficiently. By keeping major search engines in the loop about the changes that were made you’ll be able to measure if the site is gaining favorable listings and attention in the SERPs. Some statistics about your future customers are:
- 61% of global Internet users research products online.
- 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine.
- Worldwide, we conduct 131 billion searches per month on the web.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
If you are in the market for SEO services for your website, contact Active Web Group today by requesting a Free SEO Audit or by calling us at 1-800-978-3417.